Blog Layout Created By Fiona Devil Artwork by ©Arthur Crowe
- ► 2012 (30)
- ► 2011 (52)
Powered by Blogger.
10 April 2010
2:24 PM | Posted by Fiona Devil | | Edit Post
YOU WILL NEED:
* Paint Shop Pro and Animation Shop or similar. I used PSPXII but you should be able to make this tag in earlier versions.
* Tube of choice. I am using the artwork of Elias Chatzoudis. You can find his work HERE
* Flower, Ribbon and Frame of choice
* Font of choice - I used PeregroyJF which you can download it HERE
* Filters used were Xero Fritillary, MuRas Copies & Eyecandy Gradient Glow (can substitute with a white drop shadow).
* Mask of choice.
1. Open your tube and scrap supplies in PSP. Open your font (by double clicking on it in Windows Explorer) and minimise to use later.
2. Open a new image 400 x 400 with a white background.
3. Add a new raster layer. Flood Fill with a contrasting colour in your tube. I chose #eea8b3.
4. To apply your Mask of choice go to Layers - Load/Save Mask - Load Mask from Disk - Select your mask from the drop down list - Load. Right mouse click on the layers palette and Merge Group.
5. Copy and paste the flower of choice and place in the centre of the tag. Go to Effects - Plugins - MuRa's Meister - Copies.
This is what you will now have on your layer.
6. Open your original frame and copy your frame and paste into your workspace. Close your original frame.
7. Go to your colour palette and select a darker contrasting colour from your tube and then select your rectangle shape and draw out a shape so that it sits just behind the frame layer. Move below the frame and convert to a raster layer. Duplicate this layer two times so that you have three layers.
8. Select the first layer and then go Effects - Plugins - Xero - Fritillary. Using the settings below for the first layer.
9. Hide the first layer and then select the second layer and go to Effects - Plugins - Xero - Fritillary.
10. Hide the second layer and then select the third layer and apply the following settings.
11. Now hide the third layer and unhide the first layer. Here is what you should have so far.
12. Activate your tube and copy and paste into the tag. Close your original image. Now move your image below the frame but above the background shape you have created.
13. Select your magic wand tool and select the frame layer and click in the middle of the frame. Go to Selections - Modify - Expand - Expand by 10 pixels.14. Select your tube layer and then go to Selections - Invert - Then hit your delete key which will remove any extra parts of the tube you dont want. Move the tube layer below the frame.
This is what you should now have.
15. Add any embelishments that you desire onto the tag.16. Now put your name on the tag. Once the name is on your tag. Right mouse click on the layer and convert to Raster layer. Go to Effects - Plugins - Eye Candy - Gradient Glow and apply settings set out below.
17. Now add the copyright information. Now go to Edit - Copy Merged.
18. Open up Animation Shop and go to Edit - Paste - Paste as new animation.
19. Go back to Paint Shop Pro and hide the first layer of the shape and unhide the second layer. Go to Edit - Copy Merged.
20. Go to Animation Shop and go to Edit - Paste - After Current Frame. Do the same for the third layer.
Save your tag as a gif and you are finished.
I hope you enjoyed doing my tutorial.
This tutorial was written on 2nd June 2008.
Any resemblance to another tutorial is purely coincidental.